• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

It's only been 11 months!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro i5 / 4GB / 250GB
Eleven months ago I only had a G4 Digital Audio. I had 3 (yeah 3) windows laptops. Now I have another G4 DA, a bondi blue iMac, an iBook, a Macbook, and a MBP.

I didn't realize that I had converted until I was working the laptop kiosk at work, and a customer came in and told me she had $1100 and wanted the best PC she could get. We had several 17" HPs several dells, et all. After talking to her for a few minutes, I came to the conclusion her best PC could only be a MBP. I told her to use her student email, and get one off of the apple store.

I finally got the MacBook running (on a lame external drive) and I am just planning my move to get my wife switched over. It's gonna be tough, I know. She has been using PCs for 25 years now. My son would use his iBook exclusively if it had a little more power...

Who would have thought it would only take 11 months!
attachment.php

3-peat.jpg

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Very nice!:)

Yeah...6 Mac's in 11 months. Just think where you'll be in another 11 months!!!;)

- Nick

OP
Zeke_D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
LOL well my goal is to get an inexpensive macbook (cowboom has them for $400) for my wife, give the current bad-shape macbook to my 11yo son, and give his iBook to my 5yo daughter. Then get a time capsule for backups. BTW, thanks for the tips on getting the 2006MB working. as you can see above, it worked.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Pretty impressive 11 months you've had there. If I had done that when I bought my Apple iiGS years ago Apple might never have discontinued that model.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Very nice! It can only keep going, once you get 1 mac, you seem to want another, and another, and another, until your whole house is full of em!

OP
Zeke_D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I want a first gen appletv, and a time capsule, and like 2 airport express... its one of those circle of life things i guess.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.