Help!

Reaction score
iPhone 4S on Old Mac

Okay, I am new to this site, and I am not extraordinarily technologically gifted either.

So, I need the help of you all!

Here is my problem. I have a mac laptop running OS 10.4. I do not have the newest Lion OS 10.7, and I cannot update my iTunes to 10.5. I just got the new iPhone 4S today, and I am DYING to get me iTunes library onto my new phone! But because of these reasons I cannot!

Does anyone know a way to do this? Is the only possible way to transfer my music library onto a external hard drive and upload onto someone else's computer in order to get in into my phone?

If anyone knows a way to help, or any ideas, I would reallllly appreciate it.

Thanks everyone,
Max

C

chas_m

And you're not willing to upgrade your Mac laptop because ...

PS. If the answer is "because it's too old," then you should understand that trying to mix brand-new electronics with 5+ year old equipment is always going to cause problems, especially in Apple World. ALWAYS check the system requirements BEFORE buying new equipment, or software, etc.

OP
M
Reaction score
Money for one thing, but the apple store said I would need to buy a whole new computer to have a processor powerful enough to run the operating system.

Trust me, I wish I could afford all new equipment, but student loans are expensive. I was just looking for ways that might work for me with my current situation.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Money for one thing, but the apple store said I would need to buy a whole new computer to have a processor powerful enough to run the operating system.

Trust me, I wish I could afford all new equipment, but student loans are expensive. I was just looking for ways that might work for me with my current situation.

You need iTunes 10.5 and that only runs on Leopard OSX 10.5 or higher.

Linky. <- Has info on hardware specs too.

C

chas_m

Not to be too snarky, but ... computers are expensive but $200 iPhones with a minimum $70/month bill aren't?

OP
M
Reaction score
Haha... okay once and for all, like I stated from the beginning, the point of this message was not to make me buy a new computer. I had $200 to buy the iPhone 4S and my monthly phone bill is still paid for by my parents' family plan--still unemployed post-college.

I wanted to know if there was a simple app or something that could override the need to buy a whole new computer. I guess not. Thanks.

C

chas_m

It's not really an "app" but Leopard would override the need to buy a whole new computer. You never did actually bother to tell us what model Mac laptop you have, so I guess we're done here until you do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.