OnyX

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27 in 2.7GHz intel Core i5 16 gb a 4S iPhone 16gb and 2 iPod Touch
My neighbour got a new imac 27 in, and was asking about OnyX. She asked me what the proper sequence is to running it. Said she wanted to know, what to run first. I guess I did not know. Is there a special sequence that people have? What do you run first, second, and so forth. Said I would ask here. Any special way folks?

THANKS
BRIAN

C

chas_m

The first screen below shows how I have set OnyX's preferences where they are different from the default, and the second shows the only "tab" I ever both with ... automation ... and how I have it set. I run it about once every three months or so.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What's the old saying? A picture is worth a thousand words.... great post chas.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27 in 2.7GHz intel Core i5 16 gb a 4S iPhone 16gb and 2 iPod Touch
She,,,WE thank you Chas. As chscag said...pics are worth their weight in gold!
Great job!
:D

BRIAN

Reaction score
I just discovered the very handy onyx but won't be using any of its functions I don't understand. Tinkering that deep in the system could lead to unintended outcomes, methinks. Never do maintenance blind on anything, especially a computer.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OnyX has very good help information that you can read through to find out what everything it does means. Some of the functions are more advanced than others. Just set it on automatic and you'll be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 11" i5 Mid 2012 Mountain Lion 10.8.5
It is really helpful. No longer do I have to dive into terminal or coreservices for most of the things I want to change. It's mostly right here

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.