tired of pc so switching to mac!

Reaction score
im done with constant pc issues so im saving my money to buy a macbook pro 13 inch. just asking anyone got any tips for a soon to be mac user?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
just asking anyone got any tips for a soon to be mac user?

Since you really didn't give us much info to go on. All that can be said is...save your money...then buy whatever Mac meets your needs.:)

- Nick

C

chas_m

Here's my tip: they're awesome!

:D

Okay, actually, my "tip" is the essay linked in my signature below.

Reaction score
As a convert of a few weeks, I say do it.Already I can say what I heard others say for years "I'd never go back".An interesting thing for me is that one of the first things I did was download Firefox thinking I 'I need my Firefox'.I have never used it !

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Just remember that when you get frustrated it's because you are still using your Windows hat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi hislip33,

I switched about a year ago, in fact just spent out on Apple care (peace of mind). And truth be told my Mac is a joy to use daily for both home and work.

My tip is continually read through this forum, you will get many good hints and advice on both software and possible trouble shooting, re how to use a certain application.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 imac, 2011 13" mbp, Ipad mini, Ipad air
My suggestion would be to not download a bunch of apps until you learn everything your mac can already do. I've had only macs for about 8 years but through reading here I'm just now starting to learn that it's much more than a toy. I'm about as computer illiterate as they come and am now building a website with just ilife and iwork. I don't post much but the information I've found here is amazing.

Reaction score
as a noob myself (1 week with new iMac) I would just say the learning curve is a long one. The initial using of the mac is easy but as you find you need specifics it gets difficult.
Most of my difficulties are in wanting to do things as I did in Windows. I'm finding there are lots of things that both OS's do better than the other. Best to treat the Mac as a complete new idea and forget you ever had a windows machine.
If MS and Apple ever got together and built a best of both worlds OS it would be the be all end all of operating systems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
Just buy it and start using it.

I know this may sound a bit off the cuff but its much better to start using a product and make up your own mind, than be prejudiced with other peoples conclusions (no matter how good they may be)

I switched a year ago and had never even touched a Mac was confused for the first week and then it all suddenly clicked.

A Mac wont be unusable if you have used pc but will just feel a little strange for a while.

You get Apple Phone care for the first three months so can always call Apple up about anything you are unsure of.

As echoed by others after using a Mac you wont be stressed at constant issues that you have with PCs and wont ever want to use a PC again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.