Mini Mac 2011 - boot camp - help plzzz

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I just got an hour ago my new mini mac 2.5ghz model.

It's my first mac and so far I enjoy it (1 hour haha)... I have a pc laptop with win7 on it. I want to use the boot camp to have the win7 also in the mac.

NOW HERE IS MY PROBLEM:
I'm not gonna pay for another copy of win7! Are there any other option for such a case? :) I just want to have win7 in addition to the OS X lion which I already have.

I wanna install the win7 for gaming. And the OS X Lion for the Xcode.
Please help thank you guys!!!

Roy.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
NOW HERE IS MY PROBLEM:
I'm not gonna pay for another copy of win7! Are there any other option for such a case? I just want to have win7 in addition to the OS X lion which I already have.

It looks like you do have a problem: A problem understanding the MS EULA which clearly states that you need to purchase another copy of Win 7 if you wish to install it on your new Mac Mini. The copy you have on your Win notebook is an OEM install and can not be moved or copied. That would be illegal and we do not discuss illegal activities here.

Amazon is currently selling a 64 bit full install version of Windows 7 for $92.00. I suggest buying it from them. It's the system builder's version.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
and I would be able to run games on that version ?>

Sure, why not? A system builder's full install is the same as a MS boxed copy full install. The difference is that it can not moved from machine to machine and MS offers no support.

C

chas_m

Here's another (friendly, not sarcastic) suggestion: forget about putting Windows on your brand-new Mac for a little bit. Get to know the Mac OS and get comfortable with it.

THEN put Windows on it if you still want to. By then you'll likely have located a bargain price on an OEM install of Win 7 from local sources or Amazon, et al.

Enjoy your new Mac!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.