Pictures Out of Order

Reaction score
I have a number of pictures (jpg's created in photoshop elements 6) that I have saved as icons in a finder window. I dragged the icons from another window using the option key to copy the file. They are numbered 1, 2, 3 through about 214. Some pictures have a letter with the number, for example, 2A, 5B, etc.

When I click on picture #1 and hit the space bar it opens. But when I hit the tab to move to the next picture, instead of going to #2 it goes to #10, tab again to #100. If I start with picture #2 and tab it goes to #20, with 3 to 30, etc. Starting with 2A the next is #20 but following 6A is #7, the way it is supposed to be.

If I start with picture #11 it jumps to 110, 12 to 120, 13 to 130 and 14 to 140. If you start at 15 the rest open in the correct order, presumably because there is no 150.

Anyone know what's wrong and how to fix it?

C

chas_m

Rename your pictures to have numbers with leading zeros.

In other words, if you have a folder with 100 pictures in them, the way to make QuickLook show them in order is to number them 001, 002 etc.

For folders with fewer than 100 pictures, you can rename them with only one leading zero rather than two, ie 01, 02 etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.