AOL crashes

Reaction score
Question regarding AOL on my 2011 iMac, running Lion. Everything was working fine until today when a new ghost email window was created and can't be deleted or written on or otherwise used. I have 2 of them now. If I click to close one of them AOL crashes and a new ghost email window is created. I cannot switch AOL screen names either. How do I deal with this? I have uninstalled and reinstalled AOL twice with no luck.

Ken

C

chas_m

From your description it sounds like a bug in AOL's software. I'd suggest contacting their forum or technical support to see if others are having that issue (might want to check on Apple's support site as well; do a search for "AOL Lion").

AOL's been pretty good about Mac support over the years (considering that Apple invented it) so I'm sure they would be interested in hearing about any Lion issues. Have you tried accessing the services via the web browser instead? Are you sure you are running the latest version of AOL's software (1.7.722)?

OP
K
Reaction score
I think the issue is AOL compatibility with Lion. It was last updated for Leopard. My solution was to remove the AOL mess and use the iMac mail feature which I ignored before. I am now happy to see my AOL, Yahoo, and Comcast email in one Mac account. The more I learn about iMac, the more I am amazed at the little gems like this. The only issue with AOL is I had years of favorite sites bookmarked. I'll have to figure out how to import them to my iMac.
Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.