"Save As Draft" icon?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, MacOS Ventura, iPod Touch, iPhone 6s Plus, MacBook Air 2020
I have Mac OS X Lion 10.7.1. To save a new outgoing email message into the Drafts box, Mail Help says "Click the Save As Draft icon in the toolbar or choose File > Save". The latter works fine, but I cannot find a "Save As Draft" icon. On a new message form. there is the "Send" icon at left, and at right "Attach a document", "Show format bar", "Show or bide photo browser", and "Show or hide stationery pane". The choices at "Customize Tool Bar" do not include ""Save As Draft", either for the new message form Tool Bar or the main Mail Tool Bar. Am I looking in the wrong place? Thank you.

C

chas_m

Actually, you need do nothing at all. Any outgoing message that you start typing but haven't sent yet will automatically be saved (after a few seconds) in the Draft mailbox. If you close the message (red icon in top right corner) without sending, this will again happen.

Sounds like the Mail help is outdated with the release of 10.7. The new way makes more sense, anyway. The saving can also be done the conventional key-command way, with command-s for save.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, MacOS Ventura, iPod Touch, iPhone 6s Plus, MacBook Air 2020

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.