4 VS 4s

Reaction score
I just got my brand new iphone4, and i am wondering did I made big mistake that I haven't waited for 4s? Actualy, shiping tooked too long, so I waited for 2 months. I wonder, will I be able to use my iphone 4 normaly with all new apps and stuff for a year or two?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz i5 MBP, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, NVIDIA Geforce GT 330m/16GB iPhone 4 in a brick sized otterbox.
I wouldn't say you made a mistake - the 4 will run iOS 5 just fine. Biggest differences between the 4 and 4s, new processor, more RAM, better camera - externally it's the same phone. You DID overpay for it though, considering Apple just dropped the price to $99 with a contract. I'd say you're good on it being able to run anything on the app store for at least the next year, probably longer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
There will be nothing wrong with using your iPhone 4 for at least the next year or two. Personally, I will be using mine until they have another great leap like I last made from the original iPhone to the iPhone 4. The only differences I can think of from the top of my head from the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4s is an upgraded processor, 1080p HD Video recording, 8mp camera (upgraded from 5mp) and Siri (the voice recognition software seemingly only available to the 4s). If you absolutely love taking pictures and carry your own camera with you, you won't really have to worry about anything. The upgraded chip will be faster than the iPhone 4 (not sure how much faster), but I think that is only to handle the workload from Siri and the HD Video recording.

In short, don't feel bad that you just got the (previous) iPhone 4. There won't be any apps in the near future that it won't be able to run.

PS - Welcome to the forums!

- ImageX

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks for responses... actualy, Siri is not something that I ever looked for, i am using 3g (not 3gS) iphone, and I know i got BIG upgrade... you made my day bit easier :)...
thanks a lot, and for wellcomes too :)

Bcn

Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting an iPhone for some time now and now with the 4s out, the 4 is quite a lot cheaper. So my thought was to get the iPhone 4 for a cheap price now and then probably get the iPhone 5 whenever it comes out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
My take on it if video and pictures take president then 4s.
If you are going to be on the net a lot 4s.
If neither of those are a priority the look for deals on the 4.

Reaction score
I have the 4 and won't be upgrading to the 4S unless something happens to my phone. The only upgrade I like is the option for 64GB of memory since I have hundreds of audio books.
I could careless about the camera upgrade; being a professional photographer, phone cameras will always suck in my opinion. They might be ok for little snap shots but when I want to take a real picture, I'll use my Canon.
The faster chip doesn't mean anything to me because none of my aps need it.

I was really disappointed that it didn't have 4G. Even though 4G is still worthless in most smaller cities; they should have appeased the customers and market by putting it on the phone.

but thats my 2c

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I have the 4 and won't be upgrading to the 4S unless something happens to my phone. The only upgrade I like is the option for 64GB of memory since I have hundreds of audio books.
I could careless about the camera upgrade; being a professional photographer, phone cameras will always suck in my opinion. They might be ok for little snap shots but when I want to take a real picture, I'll use my Canon.
The faster chip doesn't mean anything to me because none of my aps need it.

I was really disappointed that it didn't have 4G. Even though 4G is still worthless in most smaller cities; they should have appeased the customers and market by putting it on the phone.

but thats my 2c

It is supposed to be able to take advantage of HSPA+ which according to a flier I got from AT&T its available in my city which on some test is comparable to the competitions 4G.

Bcn

Reaction score
My take on it if video and pictures take president then 4s.
If you are going to be on the net a lot 4s.
If neither of those are a priority the look for deals on the 4.

Yeah that was my thoughts as well, I think I'll end up getting the 4. Siri sounds interesting though, but as it is not available in my language yet, I would rather wait for a new iPhone to come out.

C

chas_m

Apps will be available for the iPhone 4 for YEARS to come if history is any guide. I still find that MOST everyday apps (not high-end games of course) run fine on 3.1.3 -- the highest OS my 2G can run, and it's over four years old. We're only JUST NOW getting to the point where we occasionally see an app or an update we'd like but can't accept on that iPhone, and all the apps that are already there will continue to run great for -- well, as far as we can tell, forever.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.