I need to ask those who know

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm J, it's nice to me you all. :D
I have bought my first Mac, and my first laptop ever. So far, I really like it. I'm more impressed than I thought I would be too.
I got the 15" Macbook Pro, Hi-res screen, w/500GB 7200 (option) drive, and a magic mouse and the mini-to-HDMI.

To my question if I may as it's kind of pressing :)
I have tried to find some answers online, spent a few solid hours actually.
I'm looking for the best ways to protect my new MBP physically. So something like a skin, sleeve, or ... case (long as the case would be very slim). As well as - and just as importantly a nice book bag (two shoulder strap) with more than :)P) adequate padding/protection for this awesome laptop. In the case of the backpack, I still need to carry say: a 2.5-3 inch binder, a few books (at least 1 or 2), pencils/pens, pouches for a mouse, just good organizational spots, zippers etc. AND (all caps baby :p) I would like if the bag could be somewhat rigid - if that makes sense to you all. I mean, I'd like to be able to sit the bag on the floor and it say upright. I really don't like those flimsy, thin material bags that just flop around and droop. They're so bad.

I have seen some "Booq" brand ones, and maybe one or two others that looked ..ok

I'd really appreciate some opinions from those who have, and even those who don't but just know where to look or some brands to look up.
Thanks so much for any help guys!

I will definitely be becoming more of a part of this forum, whenever time permits.

(typing on this thing is great!)

Bye for now..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Give Brenthaven a look they have mil spec cases and bags been using one since 06 without fail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I use an incase neoprene protective sleeve for my Macbook and it's worked well in the year or so I've had it. I travel a lot and my Macbook spends a lot of time in my backpack on airplanes and is still in pretty darn good shape.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
I use an incase neoprene protective sleeve for my Macbook and it's worked well in the year or so I've had it. I travel a lot and my Macbook spends a lot of time in my backpack on airplanes and is still in pretty darn good shape.

I use this InCase sleeve for my MBP also and it protects it well. The inside is so soft there is no chance for any scratches and as long as you don't drop it from very high, this case will protect your computer from many things. There are those plastic snap on type cases that come in different colors, but those have been known to trap debris and cause scuffs to the laptop and can even trap some extra heat making your computer run a little warmer. The heat issue is the only thing stopping me from getting one of the black plastic cases. I also use the Moshi palm rest protector that you stick on like a sticker to your MacBook and it protects from wear to your computer from having your hands rest on it over time from typing. I also have the Moshi keyboard cover to help lessen the wear on the keys and keep dust and what-not out of my keyboard.

OP
L
Reaction score
I will check out those suggestions. Wondering if the moshi stuff you're talking about is of when you're storing the MBP closed... hmm

Anybody have any good backpack/bookbag ideas? That's where I'm really stuck. Gone to look at some brenthavens online.

Thank you guys for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.