Moving Address Book files to PC

Reaction score
Hello - hopefully this is in the right place, I'm new.

I recently had to buy an interim PC (Toshiba) because my mac motherboard is crashing and I can't afford to fix it/buy a new mac (no matter how much I want to!). On top of that - my iPhone crapped out last weekend and I had to restore it. Unfortunately I hadn't plugged my phone into my PC yet and therefore lost all my data. The only thing that I'm really missing is my address book.

I have all my contacts saved in my address book on my mac and moved them all to an external hard drive the other day but the files exported as a .data file - which can't be opened by my PC. I'm hoping to turn on my mac long enough to sync my contacts and the one movie I had a free download for onto my phone before the motherboard freezes again - but in case that just doesn't work anybody have a solution?

I'd really like my address book back, and like I said I have all the files on an external. I have about 4 different files - just none of which are readable by my PC. Any download software I can use to convert (from my PC)?

Thanks!

C

chas_m

I'm not sure how you exported your address book, but this time do it as VCards. PCs can read VCard format no problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.