Windows Emulators

JoD

Reaction score
Hi
I have some software I need to use for work but it is windows based and I have an iMac which runs Lion.
Can anyone recommend which emulator to use? Do. Also need to purchase a windows operating platform in addition to the windows emulator?

Thanks
Jo

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If the application you want to run can be done so with Wine, then all you need is the Windows application (paid or not) to get going. If, however, you need to a bonafide version of Windows to run your application, then you will first need a copy of Windows, and then go the Boot Camp (dual-boot) route to have both MacOS and Windows installed or go the virtualization route with Virtualbox (free), Parallels ($70) or VMWare Fusion ($70) and then install Windows within a VM and your application inside that VM.

Depending on your application needs, the VM might or might not fit the bill..in the end, you always have the solution of installing Windows natively onto your iMac and booting into it..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.