getting new imac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC I3, MACBOOKPRO,IPAD,IPHONE 5
we are about to buy a new imac, we already have a dual core G5 which is pre intel, is it possible to copy applications such as photo shop, final cut pro etc etc to a hard drive and re load them onto the new mac when we get it, as we will sell the G5, will they work????? we dont have any of the disc's as we bought the G5 already loaded with these apps, or does anyone know anyway of transfering these apps, as i really dont want to have to buy them

stuart

C

chas_m

You're not the legal owner of those apps in the first place, so no they aren't going to transfer. You should buy a legal copy of the apps you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, i5, SSD & 1TB, 8 GB
Try the migration wizard in the utilities folder. That may transfer most files and apps to the new Mac. Worked for me.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The migration wizard will work to transfer data and any legal applications he has. However, as chas_m stated above, he needs to purchase his own copy of Photoshop and Final Cut Pro and any other application that require registration or activation.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC I3, MACBOOKPRO,IPAD,IPHONE 5
thanks for the help folkes, right back to cooling down as this heat wave in london is getting hotter

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.