iTunes/iPhone3GS... PC!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
My partner's computer has iTunes and she has an iPhone 3GS. She purchased a bunch of songs on her phone and then she connected her phone to her laptop to transfer them to her iTunes library (backing up, I assume?) Guessing what she does is no different to what us Mac users do right?

So for anyone who's still using a PC, I have a question.

She had an iPhone update but a popup window said "there are songs that were purchased on this phone do you want to transfer them now..... " Continue or Cancel.

I hit continue (with updated)... confused that the continue meant... continue without doing the backup of the songs from her iPhone.

Anyway... she did the update but now we can't figure out how to get the purchased songs into her iTunes library... if we hit "Sync"... it tells us that the iPhone library will be wiped and songs from her iTunes will replace... which will then wipe out her purchases. How do we get those songs onto her PC?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Hi ,

You should be able to just plug the phone into the pc , open iTunes and click file/transfer purchases . I just tried it on my ladies pc ( yes I date one of them ) with her iPhone and it worked just fine.

Hope this helps
Clay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.