why is my screen flickering?

Reaction score
ever since ive started playing World of Warcraft, every once and awhile my screen will flicker even if im not playing, not sure if this is coincidental or directly linked, its rather annoying, so id rather this stop. i have a mac book pro, purchased new about 3ish years ago. help please. thank you for your time.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
ever since ive started playing World of Warcraft, every once and awhile my screen will flicker even if im not playing, not sure if this is coincidental or directly linked, its rather annoying, so id rather this stop. i have a mac book pro, purchased new about 3ish years ago. help please. thank you for your time.

What happens if you reboot your computer...and DON'T play World of WarCraft?

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Flickers how? Slight flash? Goes totally black for a second?

Reaction score
I just bought a new IMAC and when I scroll text, then the screen would flicker as if going across a line and this was happening in 4 different areas in the upper half of the screen. I unplugged the iMac from the outlet for 60 seconds and replugged and restarted. This solved the problem, but sometimes it does it again. So I unplug again and restart and the flicker goes away.

OP
soulfire363
Reaction score
it'll do either actually. usually goes black for less than a second more often tho.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.