• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Who's looking forward to House...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
surviving prison this season? From the previews it looks like his attitude gets him in REAL trouble - gotta wonder if they will end the series (since I've heard this is going to be the last season, but who knows, that might change) with him getting getting dead?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro i5 / 4GB / 250GB
Not me. The season is a contractual obligation for Hugh Laurie. Lisa Mendleson (Cutty) has moved to "The Good Wife." It will be nice if they use this last season to be edgy. My media center is set up to record it, so we will see...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
At first I thought the concept of House was just ridiculous (having worked in the medical field for half my career), but after a few episodes, and putting aside how silly it is, I was hooked! I do feel however, that the writers do reach out a bit too far because of a lack of ideas from time to time (lots of redundancy) but have enjoyed the back stories more than the actual episodes where they try and come up with some phony diagnosis and cure etc..

Drugged up House is awesome. Some of my favorite episodes are where he's in rehab. It's dark and definitely edgy. A good break from the norm. And I do hope they go there for the rest of this last season.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
So far it's been a bit of a disappointment. It's not that funny anymore, the cases are more of an afterthought it seems, and the patients don't have anything compelling about them to make me care whether they live of die. Definitely not "House" as I liked it. Then again, LOST sucked for it's last season too, so I guess it's just the way it goes. House ended for me when Cuddy and House got together. Sorta like Moonlighting ended when Maddie and David did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I actually miss the original "House." You know what I'm talking about, the first few seasons. Now it's just getting kind of old...House breaking the rules to treat a patient...yeah, that was entertaining for the first handful of episodes. Getting tired of that now. I think they are clearly running out of ideas!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.