Changing from PC to Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.3 GHZ Intel Core i5 8 GB Ram & iPad 16 GB 3G & iPhone 4
Hi all, i currently sync my iPhone 4 and iPad on two seperate accounts on my windows pc. I am however retiring it and getting a mac mini. If I sync with mac will all my stuff transfer to it from my devices? Also can I keep my devices seperate on one iTunes? Hope this makes sense, thanks for any help you can give!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
When you sync the devices to the Mac, you'd want to Store->Transfer Purchases to get all the apps on your devices into the Mac..now that doesn't apply to the music and you will get a warning that your device is synced with another library, and syncing with the new (possibly empty) library will erase your music and so on...

So you might want to first migrate your music library over to the Mac and THEN sync so that you don't end up losing anything along the way..

Why do you have the iPhone 4 and iPad on separate accounts? You could just selectively sync items to either device based on what you want..

I have my iPhone 4, iPad 2, iPod Nano all sync'ing to my iMac, but they have different settings, so just the right things end up on each device, i.e., the iPod Nano sync's to a specific playlist, the iPhone 4 has no music at all, just apps and a couple of videos. The iPad 2 has it's own set of apps and videos and books that it syncs with..

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.3 GHZ Intel Core i5 8 GB Ram & iPad 16 GB 3G & iPhone 4
Thanks for taking the time to reply mate, that's really helpful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.