How do you.......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", Late 2013
Regarding the bookmark bar, how exactly do you customise/remove bookmarks and such??

When i'm in Safari, I have gone into Bookmarks, and then Bookmarks Bar, where it shows me my bookmarks on the bar......but how exactly then do I go about removing certain bookmarks??

Thanks guys

Still loving this new Macbook Air......can't get over the brilliant feel of the keyboard!!!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
From the menubar at the top: Bookmarks -> Show All Bookmarks

Then select Bookmarks Bar from the left sidebar and start deleting away.

OP
Fisher85
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", Late 2013
From the menubar at the top: Bookmarks -> Show All Bookmarks

Then select Bookmarks Bar from the left sidebar and start deleting away.

Ah brilliant, thanks for that......also, can you rename bookmarks?? I cannot find a way to change the name of each bookmark :D Been using Windows too long haha

Thanks!!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
......also, can you rename bookmarks??

Yes you can.:)

- "Bookmarks" Menu
- Show All Bookmarks
- click on the bookmark name (twice)...but not a fast "double click"...two separate clicks (with a pause in between each click)
- modify as desired

HTH,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Or if you can't get the 2 separate clicks, click once highlight it then hit the *return/enter* key to achieve the same.

Cheers

Reaction score
Or right-click and select edit name or edit address.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Or if you can't get the 2 separate clicks, click once highlight it then hit the *return/enter* key to achieve the same.

Great advice.:) Sometimes getting those two clicks correctly can be tough.

- Nick

OP
Fisher85
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", Late 2013
Fantastic guys I'll give it a try :D

Sorry for all the questions haha, please bear with me while I learn my way around OSX :D

However, in Pages, regarding spell checker, does Pages offer suggestions for correct words?? Like the spell checker does in MS Office? As in Pages, it only seems to underline incorrect spelt words, but doesn't' offer suggestions like Office.

Thanks guys!!!

C

chas_m

right-click on the underlined words. Don't worry, it'll all feel as natural as rain in a week.

OP
Fisher85
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", Late 2013
right-click on the underlined words. Don't worry, it'll all feel as natural as rain in a week.

You can right-click on a Macbook?? But the trackpad is just one large button......hahaha, this is going to take some time!!! So, how exactly do you right click on a Macbook?? Clicking on the "right side" of the track pad doesn't seem to do anything.......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
You can right-click on a Macbook?? But the trackpad is just one large button......hahaha, this is going to take some time!!! So, how exactly do you right click on a Macbook?? Clicking on the "right side" of the track pad doesn't seem to do anything.......

Either control>click or a 2finger tap on the trackpad in Lion and Snow-leopard

Cheers

OP
Fisher85
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", Late 2013
How do you access the Hard Drive on a Mac?? I've tried going into iDisk which I presume is the HD, but it won't let me in without some bizarre MobileMe account, what's the deal with this exactly, and why do I need a MobileMe account to access my own hard drive??

Thanks guys!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GiB RAM, 80 GiB hard drive, Intel GMA 950, SuperDrive
Nah, it's just the Macintosh HD icon on your desktop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OPen finder and click on the name you have named your HD in the left side of the window. Should be under iDisk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
OPen finder and click on the name you have named your HD in the left side of the window. Should be under iDisk.

In the northern hemisphere, that's the right side. ;)

OP
Fisher85
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", Late 2013
Ignore the above post, found it :D

But I have another question. Within Windows, you can have text in front of the cursor and hit the del key to delete any text in front of the cursor.

Is there any way you can do this on the Mac?? I've yet been able to find a way, and inadvertently deleted a chunk of text from my novel i'm writing :S

Thanks chaps :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Double tapping the trackpad which highlights the whole sentence if the cursor is at the end of that sentence then hit delete works for me.

C

chas_m

Forward-delete (what you're talking about) is accomplished by holding the "fn" (function) key while pressing the delete key on all recent-vintage Macs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.