Itunes

Reaction score
Please help im a newbie and need assistance in putting my itunes libirary on to imac desktop.

i have spent numerous hours today on this and stll got no joy :Grimmace:

i am using itunes 10 on to imac ..could some please assist

C

chas_m

You do not want your iTunes library on your desktop. There is a reason why it is where it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
Interesting

@ Chas m, surely you can have your folders (itunes music or otherwise) anywhere you like can't you? all you must do, in terms of itunes, is tell it where to look to play songs (preferences, advanced etc..)

No?

i mean, with my itunes music folder, to test, i dragged the whole folder to my desktop and itunes automatically found it and played from it.

J

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sure you can do that, but why would you? Why clutter your desktop with an iTunes library folder? The more stuff you place on the desktop, the longer it will take for the desktop to display upon boot up. Also, things on the desktop tend to get accidentally deleted. Not good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
Sure you can do that, but why would you? Why clutter your desktop with an iTunes library folder? The more stuff you place on the desktop, the longer it will take for the desktop to display upon boot up. Also, things on the desktop tend to get accidentally deleted. Not good.

yep, chscag, agreed, but different strokes and all that.

Reaction score
itunes

my itunes made a back up of all my music ,but it eats up all my memory capacity,and i want to get rid of it,but when i do so i cannot play my song,s anymore.My question is :how can i remove this and still play my song,s in itunes,Thank you for you,re helping hand.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" White 2.4ghz 4gb: Mac Mini 1.86ghz: iPad 2 32gb 3g: iPhone 4: Apple TV2
How do i sync my iphone on the macbook, but the media is on my mac mini

or do i have to wait till next week when icloud comes???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.