• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

OS X 10.7.2 Build 11C62 Seeded to Developers, Includes Possibly Final Release Notes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Apple is continuing to press toward an iCloud launch with a new beta seed of OS X 10.7.2 pushed out to developers today. The new seed, known as Build 11C62, comes six days after the previous seed.

Apple continues to list no known issues with the latest build, and has made no changes to its list of focus areas for testing, which include AddressBook, GraphicsDrivers, iCal, iChat, iCloud, Mac App Store, Mail, MobileMe, Safari, Spotlight, and Time Machine. As with the last several developer builds, iCloud functionality is integrated directly into OS X 10.7.2 instead of being offered as a separate download.

Apple is reportedly holding a media event to introduce the next-generation iPhone hardware and officially launch iOS 5 and iCloud. OS X 10.7.2 should arrive as a free update for OS X Lion users right as iCloud and the other hardware and software debut.

Apple has included what appears to be final release notes with this build:
The 10.7.2 update is recommended for all OS X Lion users and includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. It also includes support for iCloud, a breakthrough set of free cloud services that automatically and wirelessly store your content on iCloud and push it to all of your devices. iCloud on OS X Lion includes the following features:

• iCloud stores your email, calendars, contacts, Safari bookmarks, and Safari Reading List and automatically pushes them to all your devices.
• Back to My Mac provides remote access to your Mac from another Mac anywhere on the Internet.
• Find My Mac helps find a missing Mac by locating it on a map and allows you to remotely lock the Mac or wipe all its data.

Getting started with iCloud is easy. After installing the update, OS X will automatically present an iCloud setup panel. Simply enter an existing Apple ID or create a new one and then follow the on screen instructions. To learn more about iCloud visit Apple - iCloud - The new way to store and access your content..

The 10.7.2 update also includes Safari 5.1.1 as well as fixes that:

• Allow reordering of desktop spaces and full screen apps in Mission Control.
• Enable dragging files between desktop spaces and full screen apps.
• Address an issue that causes the menu bar to not appear in full screen apps.
• Improve the compatibility of Google contact syncing in Address Book.
• Address an issue that causes Keynote to become temporarily unresponsive.
• Improve VoiceOver compatibility with Launchpad.
• Address an issue that causes a delay in accessing the network after waking from sleep.
• Enable booting in to Lion Recovery from a locally attached Time Machine backup drive.
• Resolve an issue that causes screen zoom to stop working.
• Improve Active Directory integration.

For detailed information about Safari 5.1.1, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4922.

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4767.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: Apple security updates.
The knowledge base articles listed in the notes are not yet active, but it looks like Apple is putting the finishing touches on 10.7.2 for iCloud support that will be launched alongside iOS 5.

Link: OS X 10.7.2 Build 11C62 Seeded to Developers [Release Notes] - Mac Rumors

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Thanks Discerptor for the heads up! Was waiting for some news on 10.7.2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I like the look at some of those Safari fixes . . . . This OS is just going to become more enjoyable to use.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Agreed with TattooedMac. Although the new Safari that came with Lion is great, it still needs some improvements, which is why I currently use Chrome instead.

Thanks for sharing the information, Discreptor!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The only issue I have with Safari 5.1 is the high memory usage especially since the 10.7.1 update. Otherwise I use it most of the time and Opera the rest.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The only issue I have with Safari 5.1 is the high memory usage especially since the 10.7.1 update. Otherwise I use it most of the time and Opera the rest.
Good man! ;)

I hope, for Safari users, that this update fixes some of those memory issues. As for the OS X update, I'm hoping that the release corresponds with the launch of iCloud. The resetting of iTunes Match on Monday (see here) would seem to suggest that iCloud and its related services are going to be launched soon.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
OP
Discerptor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
I think dtravis can guess which bullet point I'm most pleased with. ;)

As for the release date, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened October 4th along with the launch of iOS5 and iCloud during the iPhone 5 announcement.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If that's all it takes - I use Safari the most, Chrome and Firefox for other things...and Opera for the rest. :p
No. The standards that you have to meet to get my approval are considerably higher...newbie. :p

I think dtravis can guess which bullet point I'm most pleased with. ;)

As for the release date, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened October 4th along with the launch of iOS5 and iCloud during the iPhone 5 announcement.
It would seem that the Oct. event would be the most likely launch day.

I just noticed this bullet now: "Address an issue that causes a delay in accessing the network after waking from sleep." What delay? If they think it's slow now, I can't imagine how much faster they can get in. My MB has always had extraordinarily fast reconnect times when waking from sleep.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
No. The standards that you have to meet to get my approval are considerably higher...newbie. :p
Ha - good thing I haven't bothered to install Opera then...:Angry-Tongue:

It would seem that the Oct. event would be the most likely launch day.

I just noticed this bullet now: "Address an issue that causes a delay in accessing the network after waking from sleep." What delay? If they think it's slow now, I can't imagine how much faster they can get in. My MB has always had extraordinarily fast reconnect times when waking from sleep.

There are quite a few threads though about not being able to reconnect to the network after waking from sleep - and several of those if I recall correctly have gone without response - so it's good to see a fix that may clear that up for folks who are experiencing the issue.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Admittedly, networking is the hole in my technological knowledge so this might explain my lack of cognizance regarding this issue.

As for you and your browser choice, I'll just leave this here for you. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
There are quite a few threads though about not being able to reconnect to the network after waking from sleep - and several of those if I recall correctly have gone without response - so it's good to see a fix that may clear that up for folks who are experiencing the issue.

My wife's machine takes a few minutes, yes minutes, to regain it's wireless upon waking at times. It's not a constant thing though, which makes it a pain to troubleshoot. Glad the update seems to address this.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My wife's machine takes a few minutes, yes minutes, to regain it's wireless upon waking at times. It's not a constant thing though, which makes it a pain to troubleshoot. Glad the update seems to address this.

Network problems can be a pain to troubleshoot to begin with - but all the more so if you're up against a bug in the OS that noone knows about. Hopefully they'll keep applying the polish to Lion - and soon I'll even hop aboard. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.