Importing photos

Reaction score
Very new to my macbook pro. Need help importing pictures from my Kodak EasyShare z7590. Pictures are on the camera, not a sd card. I have attached camera to mac, iphoto opens, camera is listed and when I try to import I get the following message...Following file could not be imported. (The file is in an unrecognized format.)....Files are .jpg. Any help will be appreciated!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
iPhoto certainly recognizes JPG and has no problem importing them to its library. Are you sure your Kodak camera is setup to export them as such?

See if you can drag the photos to your desktop. In other words when iPhoto opens, close the program. Then try placing the photos, perhaps one or two on your desktop. You should then be able to view them with Preview. Let's see what happens.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Most cameras and cell phones will mount on the desktop as a USB storage device. By clicking on them, you should be able to open the internal memory the same as a hard drive and drag the photos to the desktop. I can do that with my Sony camera and several cell phones that I own.

Let us know if you can do that with your Kodak. It sounds like the Kodak is using some non standard format to export photos and that's why iPhoto is not recognizing them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.