Win7 recovery to boot camp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 320gb 7200rpm HDD Snow Leopard
I am contemplating doing a Windows 7 Boot Camp on my Macbook, my little sister paid the $60 for Best Buy to create a reinstall disk when she got her PC (which we later found out we could have done ourselves) would that work to create a Win7 boot camp? All the files should be there for it, I just want to know before I jump in.
Is creating a win7 boot camp any different than creating a win XP boot camp?

Hopefully I'll be able to get a few used PC games off ebay to play, as well as STEAM.

if specs are needed, here they are:
GMA X3100 graphics
Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz
4gb ram
320gb 7200rpm HDD
Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
I could fill the whole page with instructions and such on how to install and use Windows through Boot Camp on your MacBook but I'd rather let Apple do that for you:

Mac 101: Using Windows on your Mac via Boot Camp

Click the link and read all about it. Step by step instructions and important information are available there. And yes, you can install it using your re-install disk, as long as you have a product key for the operating system. And no, creating a Boot Camp partition will work for Windows XP, Vista, and Seven, not only one of them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.