help before i shot myself

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz MBP w/ 2GB of ram and 320 GB HD, 4GB iPhone, 60GB iPod
hello all. i currently own a 14 inch iBook, and am in the air force, and decided to get a second iBook to carry on the plane with me. i purchased a 12 inch 500 MHz iBook and am having some problems. first off, i cant connect to the net. ive got my two iBooks sitting side by side and im putting in the same information on the cable connection. automatic settings didnt seem to work, so i tried to do things manually, but no luck. im using a router, and have tried different cables, discounted one thing, plugged in the other, every possible connection, and im still getting connection to my 14 inch, but not the 12inch.

my second problem is im trying to load tiger on the 12 inch iBook, however it doesnt have a DVD player. no big deal because i have a external DVD writer/reader anyway, right? wrong... the iBook when restarted to load 10.4, doesnt want to read the external DVD. ive even tried to boot the system using that disc, but still doesnt want to work with me. lame, i know. its running 10.3 right now, so i know its not a issue of whether it can handle it or not.

so yeah, please help me before i shot the iBook, or myself.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
OP
AnatomyOfARyan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
a smily face is all i get? HELP ME.

OP
AnatomyOfARyan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ahhh ok, you answered my question and i was to blind to see it. thanks. anyword on what i need to do about my internet connection?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
If you have the two iBooks side-by-side, get a Firewire cable and follow my guide in this thread. .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.