• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Lenovo's new web ad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
Was watching Hulu the other night and the commercial they showed was for a Lenovo laptop. The computer was thrown out of a plane, and the challenge was could the computer boot completely before hitting the ground. I'm not sure if it's what they intended, but the message that came across to me was - "Can the Lenovo boot completely before it experiences a fatal crash?"

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The IBM Thinkpad series was always a favorite of mine while I was still employed by the US government. We used them exclusively in field work where they took quite a beating and abuse. I don't know if that toughness has carried over to Lenovo since being purchased by them.

But it sounds like it's a dumb advertisement to illustrate how fast the Lenovo can boot up. I guess that depends on how high the aircraft was when it was dropped. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.