• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Video Camera

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2008 MacBook, 13.3/2.4GHz/2x1GB/Originally 160GB Upgraded to 250GB/SD-DL
I've been browsing through video cameras on Amazon.com and I really am not seeing exactly what I'm looking for. I am looking for a video camera that has a wide angle lense and supports XLR input, just in case I get a microphone that uses an XLR connection. This video camera will be used to show an entire standard grand piano's keyboard so I can do video tutorials on my YouTube channel of songs.

What are some specific video cameras that fit these specifications and are less than $250? I'll even go to $325.

C

chas_m

I don't think you're going to have much luck finding a video camera -- of any sort -- that uses XLR connections these days. That plug is just WAY too big for a video camera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powerbook g4 12"
External audio storage!

Personally I would not worry so much about using internal storage on camera, normally they produce poor sound. I suggest getting a dat recorder, and syncing sound in post.

OP
starsintheskies
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What are some good video cameras that have a wide angle lens that are less than $300?

Reaction score
I like my GoPro Hero HD. Under 300 and wide angle lens. I love the quality when recording HD and 60fps - super crisp image when playing in slow motion. Sound quality is fine too - depending on the case you have the camera in and how fast you go while recording.

OP
starsintheskies
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Last week I looked at gopro.com's website and the GoPro Hero HD looks and seems like an amazing video camera for what I'm looking for! I'm going to buy it! Thank you so much for the recommendation! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.