• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

So what's the Deal??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 17 inch w/ 1 gig of ram, 6 gb ipod mini, and 12" Powerbook G4
Is apple going to update the powerbook tommorrow so I can finally purchase one?

P

prodikal

I would say the best answer to your question would be, wait till tomorrow. Its only one friggin day. No one really knows for SURE. it could be anything.

it could be......
"One more thing.........our engineers have a cruise missle trained on redmond." :-D

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I am looking for an upgrade to the PowerMac line.

All we can do is wait and see.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 17 inch w/ 1 gig of ram, 6 gb ipod mini, and 12" Powerbook G4
i know its just one day but i have been waiting for 3 months now and i really want one haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Man I sure hope there are powerbook upgrades! I've been waiting for them also and that would be very very exciting if that was the case :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I maybe looking at a PowerBook aslo. I hope it can run Final Cut Studio. After buying a new house and my widescreen TVs. I may end up with a PowerBook instead of a PowerMac.

M

menace3054

rman said:
I maybe looking at a PowerBook aslo. I hope it can run Final Cut Studio. After buying a new house and my widescreen TVs. I may end up with a PowerBook instead of a PowerMac.

i run final cut pro on my pb. it runs pretty well, not great, but not bad either. i think the 2 gb of ram helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Wow 2 GB's.. nice! Ill have to remember that when I get mine :)

D

damontgo

rman said:

I've run FCP on my iMac800 a few times. Not well, mind you, but I could accomplish what I needed to, as long as I didn't mind a super-slow workflow... a PB with enough RAM should be fine. Even 1 Gb of RAM should be sufficient.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" powerbook
Conehead778 said:
i know its just one day but i have been waiting for 3 months now and i really want one haha

should have bought one 3 months ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
bsmith08 said:
should have bought one 3 months ago.
I would have to agree with that. Seems kinda silly to wait and wait and wait. If you want one and have the means, then just get it :black:

M

menace3054

im glad now i bought my pb.. even though it was only 3 weeks ago. The main reason i was able to buy my pb was because i sold my powermac. Had i waited.. I wouldnt be able to have sold the PM for as much, now that dual cores are probably comming out. i love my pb, my gf just got a 12" pb last week as well, thats one cool little computer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
Yeah, everybody asks a lot about the "product cycle", but I'd say unless the previous model had bugs, then don't worry about it too much.

Granted, if there was a definite announcement of a product update coming within a week or two of your planned purchase, then it MIGHT be worth waiting for, depending on what the update is. HOWEVER, these days, with Intel Macs arriving soon, I'd be just as happy to buy a current model- you can always upgrade in 2-3 years when any potential bugs with the MacTels have been dealt with.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.