Cloud Connect Pro and remote access?

Reaction score
I need to be able to access some files and apps in the Windows 7 section on my iMac (via Parallels) when I'm abroad. Does anybody know if using CloudConnect Pro on an iPad and having the home Mac switch on for a couple of hours each day for access would be a workable idea?

If not, can anybody advise how best to do it? I've already tried using logmein and connecting form my MBP but it was so slow as to be almost unusable.

Any help will be hugely appreciated, as I am off to Italy at the end of next week!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If Logmein is too slow, try "TeamViewer". The basic version is free. And there is also CoRD.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thank you! I'll have a look at TeamViewer (I didn't realise the basic version was free) but CoRD seems to be only available for PCs. I've got a MBP that I take away with me but if I can get something that will allow access via an iPad, that would be even mor convenent! I'll check out TeamViewer

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.