Addicted to Apple

Reaction score
Hey guys

After trawling through this forum for the last couple of months and reading many of your posts I have finally decided to join.
I bought my Macbook Pro in June after selling my latest HP Laptop after just 6 months, I had finally had enough. I work in IT and have been using Windows since 3.11 up until Windows 7. The reason for the switch? Probably the same as others, tired of fighting with my laptop to have a trouble free browsing session for example, having to subscribe to anti-virus software, installing many 3rd party applications to keep my laptop running smoothly, cleaning my registry, defragging my drive, but eventually it just became bloated and slow, taking so long to boot and shutdown (it could literally take 10 minutes to fully boot, having to wait for my system tray to populate was excruciating), finally I succumbed when my mousepad fell apart.
All I can say is why didn't I do it sooner! Using a laptop has become a pleasure again - I'm never off my macbook! The wife thinks I have a problem, and this has led me to purchase the iPad 2 and then to replace my D-Link wireless router with an Airport Extreme Base Station, as I look to gain faster internal network speed.
Apple really caught my eye when they released the iPhone, and so I have owned each generation they have released, for me it's the attention to detail, it's their combination of hardware and software and the design that goes into it that impresses me so much, the aesthetics are beautiful, that's what makes their products so appealing to me. Their desktop operating system just works, it ticks all the boxes and combined with design of the Macbook Pro I just could never own a Windows laptop again.
Now I wonder if I should buy an iMac? ;D

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Welcome to the Forums! :)

A lot of similarities in your post on why I chose Apple (though I am not, nor have I ever been IT--though I play one at home).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your MBP purchase. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Welcome and yes the addiction is strong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
welcome, the addiction is there, once you are hooked, you want to buy more from apple, no wonder someone says on tv USA becomes 'united states of apple'.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
g4 ibook 1.2/512 leopard, 2007 MacBook 2.0 c2d lion, 20" imac 1.8 cd , 2010 mac mini
Apple is the ruler of computers, phones and music players.... need I say more! if you don't believe apple is the best, have fun spending hours fixing the other manufactors crap namely microsoft.... windows sucks royally!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.