• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple to Increase Market Share

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Source: Yahoo.com

LA QUINTA, Calif. -- Apple Computer Inc. (NasdaqNM:AAPL - News) Chief Financial Officer Fred Anderson said the company's aim is to expand its share of the computer market.

Speaking at the Goldman Sachs Technology Symposium, Anderson said a "good intermediate" goal would be to reach 5% marketshare from 3% today.

He also said the computer maker's target is to get to $8 billion of annual revenue. Apple had revenue of about $5.7 billion in 2002.

Users of Macintosh machines from Apple also are "going to see more and more software coming out of Apple," Mr. Anderson said.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
more software you say... yippy!

Is there one program made my apple that is crap?
im thinking iChat or iCal is the closest, and I use them daily..

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I thought standard operating procedure is to grow their market share.

I am looking forward to see any new software from Apple. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
Originally posted by Graphite@Feb 25 2003, 10:40 PM
Is there one program made my apple that is crap?
im thinking iChat or iCal is the closest, and I use them daily..
those are quit useful, but Backup for .mac members is pretty useless. isnt that what iSync is for? they do the same functions, only iSync is faster i have found, and i can update my iPod at the same time. but other than that, there really isnt any App that sucks like cough IE cough :D

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
A multiple disk back up application would be nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yea, I know, im just saying even the worst apps made by apple, i use daily cus they are better then anything else out.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
From MacWorld UK:

Apple is to expand its software range, promises the company's chief financial officer Fred Anderson.

His comments, reported by Dow Jones, came as he spoke at Tuesday's Goldman Sach's Technology Symposium. Mac users "are going to see more and more software coming out of Apple", he said.

Anderson reiterated Apple's aim to expand its market share. The company's "intermediate" goal is to increase market share to five per cent (it is currently three per cent). Apple is targeting revenues of $8 billion annually, up from today's $5.7 billion.

Speaking to analysts critical of the cost and relative success of the company's retail strategy during Apple's financial call in January, Anderson said: "We view retail as our key strategy to control the point of sale, and to reach out to Windows users and convert them. It is a key strategy to drive growth."

He added: "We are not going to mortgage the future for short-term monetization - Apple is an innovation-based company. We're going to keep investing through this downturn, and continue to move our products and distribution channels ever further ahead of our competitors. When the economy rebounds, we will be positioned for growth."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.