Restore to Original condition

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
I'm running Lion OS,recently I get a lot of spinning balls,I'd like to eliminate those. I have run Onyx and repaired permissions but that doesn't help,so i wondered if restoring to original condition might help. I have the following disks: Mac OS install disks 1&2 ( grey), Leopard OSX (purple) and MacOSX Snow Leopard (white) Which one do I use??
Thanks for any assistance. Van

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
I think you need to use the original disks that came with the mac, so if you bought it with Leopard then you would need to use those. I'm sure I've seen on the net, instructs to take Lion off your mac.

Reaction score
Restart you computer while holding down CMD+R to pull up your disk utility tool. From there you can back-up, restore....etc, etc

Reaction score
Before you restore everything - how much RAM does your Mac have (I see that your PC has 8 Gigs)? Also, you might want to look into your Activity monitor to see what is consuming your resources.

Something is not right and restore is not the answer to the question.
Just my 2 cents...

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
Restore to original

I used my original grey disks, restored to Tiger, then leopard and finally Snow Leopard, I'm going to do without Lion for now, I had all important stuff on disks so the process went smoothly, my iMac is running like it was meant to now. Thanks for inputs. Van

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.