Screen

Reaction score
Hi again,
After a week of trying to read font size on my screen, I have to give in and admit my age and failing eyesight.I wasn't sure about it but wifey has just come home after being away to first viewing and the first thing she said was, "writing is very small" which confirmed it-we're both ancient.
I do have reading glasses and "far away" glasses but apparently, according to optician, computer screens fall in between.So other than buying a third pair of glasses is there a way to change the size of type on the screen without messing up the already lovely resolution? I am afraid to touch anything without some guidance first as I am sure quite sure Apple didn't make screens for me to mess with !! Thanks

M

MacInWin

Well, in most applications, Cmd and + together make it larger and Cmd and - make it smaller. You have to do it each time, but it works and doesn't affect resolution settings.

M

MacInWin

Oh, and I DO have a set of "computer glasses" that are specifically in focus at that mid-range distance. Work well when I'm spending all day at it, but for the quick email check the make-it-bigger tricks work well.

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks jakerich. That works a treat.Once I am not the only one struggling with the type size !

Reaction score
there is also a setting for resolution in the display tab in settings... check that out, it might help

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
While not entirely relevant, there might be some handy tips in this Apple document to assist you (particulary font sizes and zooming).

TinkerTool supposedly allows you to change the default system fonts which may also be what you're looking for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.