Logo/Alias

Reaction score
Hi,
Is it possible when creating a desktop alias for a website to keep that website's logo? When I click and drag the logo to the left of the URL on to the desktop, it changes to @HTTP with the site name below.Is it possible to keep the logo?
On the same theme, I have seen instructions in a video for accessing the Mackintosh HD say "click on hard drive on desktop".Is what is meant by that to go to Finder, Go, Computer and Mackintosh HD or again is there a way to get that symbol on to desktop for speedier access? Thanks again to all for I'd surely be "looking into a bush" without your help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
As far as keeping the hard drive icon on the desktop, when you are in Finder, to to the Finder menu->Preferences->General tab and check the boxes to show Hard disks, External Disks, CD/DVD media and/or servers on the desktop.

As for keeping the custom icons for website shortcuts, I don't know of anything that will do that automatically. I think the idea is like any other document, you can tell what kind of document it is by the generic logo attached - just like being able to recognize a PDF or Excel file by the icon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.