Alias

Reaction score
Hi,
A few more questions if I may.Is it possible to create an alias for a website as opposed to a file or folder.I have a number of "instruction" books from the library and I can see loads of reference to making aliases(?) to files but nothing for websites.Or is it a case of using bookmarks? One talked of grabbing the logo to the left of the URL and dragging but this didn't seem to work.
And this is maybe weird.Sometimes when I move the mouse off the pad and put it down again, the screen sometimes enlarges and I can't seem to make it happen again??Other times the screen splits in to two screens..grey background.. with the dashboard on top?? Might be hard to determine what I doing I know but if I could find out how to make it happen on purpose I might be able to tell what I am doing.Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
This is possible. It sounds like you have tried to do this already but not made much progress. Admittedly the easiest way is to do the dragging thing that you appear to be struggling with.

The easiest way it to paste the link you want to alias into google and then click and drag the text results that google return and drop them onto your desktop

let us know how it goes
Zigdog

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks Zigdog. Just back at the screen and tried it again and it worked perfect.I discovered is that there is a slight delay before alias appears and when I didn't see it happen immediately, I thought I wasn't doing it right and gave up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
Awesome. That's good to hear!

Zigdog

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.