Logic Express 9 problem - tracks reverting to MIDI sounds

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macBook, 2.4 ghz, 2Gb RAM,250Gb,
Hi,

I've been using Logic for a couple of years now, and have built up a repertoire of several dozen songs. However, over the last few days I've finding that tracks in Logic projects that I've used for most of that time have started reverting to standard MIDI sounds instead of the software instruments I've allocated to them, and audio tracks have been losing all the formatting/effects that they've had for ages.

To give you an example; I opened a rock project last night, one I'd used the previous night with no problems, only to find that all the guitar tracks (mainly built up from the Rhythm JamPack), were playing Casio keyboard bleepy noises instead of the distorted guitar I'd spent so long tweaking. The 'Grind Bass' was now a bright, high pitched stock MIDI bass sound, and the backing vocals were completely dry, despite my having spent ages working on their EQ and FX.

I tried re-installing the Jam Pack and then going into 'Library' and reassigning the sounds, but that only worked on the tracks using that Jam Pack and not on some of the 'stock' Logic sounds I use (and didn't solve my audio track problems).

Can anyone suggets a solution short of re-installing Logic? Could it be a hard drive issue, or something?

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
You could try repairing permissions via Disk Utility.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.