downloading from app store

Reaction score
o.k., I want to download 1password from the app store. being a newbie at this mac thang, can someone give me a blow by blow on what I should see. assume download, it will save it to my downloads, and then I run the app?.... assume it will put an icon in the dock? and the program will step me thru the setup?...dennis

Reaction score
Assuming you are in Lion: Click on install/buy for this app in the App Store and enter your AppleID password. A shortcut to start the app will be placed in your Launchpad.

Once downloaded (automatically to your apps folder) you can open Launchpad and start the app. As another option: hit command+space to open Spotlight, type "1password" and your new app should show up. Hit enter to open it.

When the app is open, you'll see the icon in your dock. right click on it and select Options -> "Keep in Dock" to keep it there.

Hope that helps!

OP
D
Reaction score
not using lion yet

my mac came with the last version os just prior to lion by about 1 week. assume the process is the same or not?

M

MacInWin

Upgrade to Lion. If you bought your mac just one week before Lion was released, it should be free for you. You can get it at the App store. Then the instructions from dean will work just as he said.

OP
D
Reaction score
it is free for my mac

do I need to get os on usb drive, or just download and install?.... have not downloaded anything on mac yet, so not sure if it will operate just like on a win pc or not. assume app store will guide me thru the download and the lion os will guide me thru set up there? is that the correct path to follow?

M

MacInWin

No need for USB, just download and install. Easy, peasy. Highlight Lion in the App store, click on the box below the icon (It may say, "Buy" but if you are eligible for free, it won't charge you) and then follow the simple directions. Once it's downloaded, the upgrade will start automatically.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.