I would, and I HAVE.. watching a movie on it right now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
no way, waste of money, buy an archos

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
what a waste of money. i would rather have a PDA for video.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
are you kidding? think about how much better an ipod for music is than everything else.. think what they could do with video... or maybe they could do nothing...

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm still of the opinion that video on screens that small will never be a big market. It's a niche for a small group, I'll be shocked if it ever becomes mass market.

Look at the Archos and all the portable DVD players, they've been around for years and have never sold much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
but when u got music.. movies.. and pictures.. all in one... with A/V line and its prettymuch perfect

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook–2Ghz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD
Looking at how the market has reacted to the "iPod Craze," looks to me that if you stick the name iPod in front of any other word, it will sell. People just eat this iPod stuff up. And don't get me wrong, I'm one of them but I'd rather wait and see if the product first lives up to the quality expected from Apple and then make a purchase decision. This is why I still haven't gotten a Nano.

That said, I'd wait and see.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3
if such an ipod video could stream like local channels anywhere you are. That would be kewl. if it's just for music video, it's a waste of time.

L

lordsid

schweb said:
I'm still of the opinion that video on screens that small will never be a big market. It's a niche for a small group, I'll be shocked if it ever becomes mass market.

Look at the Archos and all the portable DVD players, they've been around for years and have never sold much.

the psp is doing well and studios are lining up to release movies in that format
but this is because sony was smart( doesnt happen often) and released a copy of spiderman 2 with eer psp that really caugt on..

apple will have to something like that.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
lordsid said:
the psp is doing well and studios are lining up to release movies in that format
but this is because sony was smart( doesnt happen often) and released a copy of spiderman 2 with eer psp that really caugt on..

apple will have to something like that.
While there might be an initial "cool" factor causing people to want to do that, I think the charm of watching movies will quickly wear off. The PSP is primarily a game machine, people aren't buying it for movies.

Besides, exactly how many PSPs have been sold in the US? Worldwide? probably not an astronomical number that brings the "tiny movie" market to critical mass.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12 inch ibook 1.2 ghz
maybe apple is thinking about tivo like software to sync with an ipod video.
with an av cable you could bring your tv / videos on the road.

M

MartinAustin

MPEG4 only, and DRM to boot. I'll wait and see ... I don't see many early adopters of this one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 - The Latest And Greatest
i do not see the point, you are not going to sit down and watch music videos to be honest are you? are you gonna sit down and watch a moive, not really you would use a t.v, iPods are for music thats why im getting a nano :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I voted yes at first but changed my mind. This looks like it would be perfect for when I am going to work on the train and waiting for the subway. I also gave my sister my powerbook so since I don't have a laptop right now this would be fine for car rides or plane rides to watch some stuff. I have a tv tuner which I encode with H.264 so it would work perfect for me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, think about it like this.. your in class.. or walking through the halls on campus.. or from place to place.. and u just wana watch a bit of a movie... i think it would be hella cool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
but i would enjoy every moment of it...

ordering as soon as I am sober!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.