i need help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powerbook 12-inch G4 1.55ghz 80g 512mb superdrive
so i just downloaded microsoft messenger and now when ever it turns on i have this white hard drive looking icon on my desk top. if i try to delete it, it says it will eject the program. any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
You are trying to run the program from the Disk image it came in just drag the program to the Applications folder on you hard drive. To avoid this problem all together just drag the program to the applications folder when you download a disk image

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so drag the white hard disk drive image to te applications folder inside the macintosh HD icon...
?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
No drag the Messenger icon from the white disk to your Applications folder. Then drag the white disk to the trash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
w...b said:
so drag the white hard disk drive image to te applications folder inside the macintosh HD icon...
?
No drag the program inside the white hard disk drive icon to the applications icon.

EDIT: Schweb beat me to it

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well i think i figured it out.. when i dragged the program inside of the white disk to the application folder the icon in the white disk was still inside. then i deleted the white disk, but all it said was to eject it. so i ended up searching for all the microsoft messenger programs on my laptop and i found one that hadn't been open yet. i opened it, and i was still able to delete everything else. this probably doesnt make any sense, but im tired.

but thanks to everyone who replied.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
o also i wanted to know how do i make entourage my default email. because when i click an e-mail link it always opens up the mail instead of entourage?

M

mangoSharingan

Open up Apple Mail, click on 'Mail' at the top right, then 'Preferences...', 'General' tab and then pick Entourage as your 'Default Email Reader'.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so what if i wanted to delete apple mail now. can i still do that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.