accessing iphoto (on an ipad2) from a macbook air

Reaction score
I was wondering whether it was possible to access photos you have stored on your iPad2 from a Macbook Air without physically plugging it in?

My iPad2 was stolen along with 1500 photos stored on it :( I thought all was lost, but when I set my e-mail up on the 'Mail' app on my new Macbook Air, I could access my old 'Notes' that were stored on the iPad2?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Typically the iPad is synced with a computer of some sort (at least as of this writing, with iOS 5, no computer is needed). So, unless you generated all 1500 of those pictures on the iPad itself and never synced it with a computer, they should be stored on the machine you routinely synced your iPad with.

Or am I missing something?

OP
M
Reaction score
I don't think I synced it with a computer.. I did transfer my iTunes library from my Macbook Pro back at home to the ipad - would that do? I used the ipad more so as a storage device for the photos and didn't generate any of them on it, IF I can access the photos, would they be sitting pretty in my iphotos on the pro?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I don't think I synced it with a computer.. I did transfer my iTunes library from my Macbook Pro back at home to the ipad - would that do? I used the ipad more so as a storage device for the photos and didn't generate any of them on it, IF I can access the photos, would they be sitting pretty in my iphotos on the pro?

If the photos originated from your MacBook Pro and not from the iPad, then yes, they should still be on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.