cant download torrents

Reaction score
i have a new macbook pro and im trying to download a show of my favorite band from dimeadozen.org but when i click on it it opens it in textedit. i switched the 'open with' place to quicktime and that didnt work either. it said quicktime can not open file in a bit torrent format. i tried the dvd player it says its not supported. i really want to watch the show cuz its from a while ago and its rare. im not good with computers at all so if any one can help i would really reallly appreciate it. thanks :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
is the show copyright protected or freely available

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM
Transmission itself is just a client used to perform the actual downloads. Downloads in Transmission are initiated when you open a .torrent file that you've obtained elsewhere (like this dimeadozen.org site you've mentioned).

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
put it this way. a .torrent file is just a file that "points" to where the file you are after is located. You havent downloaded the show yet.

C

chas_m

I'm not going to go into the whole lecture, but I do have to point out that the torrents on dimeadozen (and indeed most torrent sites) are not, in fact, legal. They are mostly bootleg recordings of concerts. In a few cases, I'd be willing to bet that the artist in question doesn't mind, but I wanted to set the record straight.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.