Extract audio from videos files

Reaction score
Have ran a search and can see some threads referencing what i need, but not exactly.
Basically what i'm trying to acheive needs to involve Folder actions or Automator.
I would like to drop a video file into the folder so that audio is extracted/converted to an mp3 format.

Wondering if this is doable?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 13" 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 8GB Memory
Seems no this kind of tool, which can help do that you want. I know some extraction and conversion tool. Get audio from video files. But no automator. Still some operating steps needed.

Why did you need this automartor for extracting audios when dropping it to folder?

Basically what this guy was saying is there are convertors on the internet to do that kinda thing but not within Automator. Have a search around

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz Intel + eMac 1.25 GHz + Black Macbook coreduo 2 Ghz
You could also open video files in Quicktime pro, then export them as aiff, then convert them in itunes. Again, not within automator, but works for me ( :

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.