Where is Lion?

Reaction score
I installed Lion (downloaded) after my 13" macbook pro purchase. I cannot find the file? I am wanting to sell it but reformat first and reinstall Lion so i want to put it on a usb drive or something first???

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If you downloaded and installed Lion, the installer is deleted as part of the installation process. You can, however, go back into the Mac App Store, Purchased section and re-download the Lion installer again..

Reaction score
OS install is already set in the recovery section so if you want to restore - hold Command+R at boot and you should be ready to go...

OP
P
Reaction score
Ok, I am a mac idiot (hense why I am selling my macbook). I thought I was ready to make the jump to Apple but there are just too many things I come to perfer w/windows (sorry guys & gals, I know where I am posting here ;) )

Now, when I sell my macbook are there going to be any issues with Lion and the new owner since I downloaded it under my account?

Reaction score
As far as I know the license is with the Mac so it should not be a problem. I would confirm this with someone else though, never sold a pc/mac before :)

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You are allowed to install Mac OS on a number of Mac's and if you were to sell the Mac, you have to also give them the installation media. In this case, since you downloaded Lion, it's linked to your Apple ID..and if the new buyer wanted to re-install, they'd have to purchase Lion on their own either from the MAS for $29, or on the USB drive for $69..

It probably makes more sense for you to revert the Macbook to whatever version of Mac OS it came with originally for which you have the installation media and sell it that way and allow the buyer to decide what they want to do..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.