New User

Reaction score
Hi,I've just bought a MacBook Pro a few days ago and I've a few questions.

First of all,I'm used to using Internet Download Manager on my windows but I think it's not avaliable for Mac so which download manager is the best.

Any other essential applications or stuff?

Reaction score
There really shouldn't be any external "download manager" necessary. Both Safari and Firefox have a download manager built in. Remember, Windows makes everything difficult. Macs are easy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Welcome to the forums and to Macs.

No download mgr needed. It's built-in.

Lots of good apps.

Please use the search functions - both of these subjects have been covered a number of times. :)

OP
B
Reaction score
Let's say I have several links lined up and I want to add them to download line at once and I want my computer to download them 1 by 1,how can I do this?

Reaction score
Again, just click on the link to start the download and you'll be able to pause the other downloads or download everything at once. Try it for yourself. You'll see how easy it is.

OP
B
Reaction score
yeah but most of the time the browsers can't use my internet speed to the limit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
And that's a problem?
(maybe I'm not understanding your meaning)

OP
B
Reaction score
yeah.well to be specific,I know my provider allow or is able to provide me with a download speed of 1,6 mb per second at max but when I download with Safari's of Firefox's download manager I only download with 400-600 kbps at most.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
what is your type of connection? wifi? ethernet? if you are in a dorm then your low speed is not that surprising. do you have a router between your MBP and the "1,6 mb per second" connection?

OP
B
Reaction score
Both ethernet and wifi,I use ethernet when I use the computer on desktop or wifi when I sit on my bed etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Late-2011), 2.4 GHz Core i7, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
Also, just because your connection is capable of 1.6 Mbps downloads doesn't mean the uploading server has the same upload capacity.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As stated by dmccloud the upload servers set the pace and stay well clear of commercial downloaders, in particular Speed Download.

Reaction score
You can use Jdownloader. You can add links to it. And it uses your internet speed to the fullest by downloading as moren than 1 user at the same time making it faster, just like Flashget in windows platform, as far as I know. Also it lets you add Rapidshare links etc.

Reaction score
Often the other side (the server you are downloading from) limits download speed as well. Could be another reason why you are not getting the full bandwidth from one download.

Also: There is websites out there to test your connection speed. Might be worth while to see if you really get 1.6 mb/sec.

I agree with most here: No manager needed. Built in download managers will try to fetch files as fast as the server allows it.

OP
B
Reaction score
Well,I know that rapidshare and fileserve can support my 1.6 mbps download speed but with the built in one I only get approx. 700 kbps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.