Question about a Macbook model number MB063LL/A

Reaction score
I just recieved a MacBook model number MB063LL/A. I believe this is a mid 2007 model. It is currently running Mac OS X version 10.4.11. I am thinking about upgrading it to Snow Leopard. I am not a gamer by any means, and I basically use my computer to surf the internet, MS Office, Youtube, etc. Will this computer have trouble doing any of those things while running Snow Leopard?

Here are the specs...
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB21.00A5.B07
SMC Version: 1.17f0
Graphics: Intel GMA 950 graphics processor with 64MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory1

Here is a link to good website with a ton of information about the specs... MacBook "Core 2 Duo" 2.16 13" (Black) Specs (Mid-2007, MB063LL/A, MacBook2,1, A1181, 2139) @ EveryMac.com

C

chas_m

I just recieved a MacBook model number MB063LL/A. I believe this is a mid 2007 model.

I have this exact same model.

It is currently running Mac OS X version 10.4.11. I am thinking about upgrading it to Snow Leopard.

OMG yes what in heaven's name have you been waiting for??

Will this computer have trouble doing any of those things while running Snow Leopard?

It will do them all BETTER. And if you bump up the RAM to 3GB* and make sure it has LOTS of free space on the drive, it will be even better still! You can even run Lion (as I'm doing), it's awesome.

*3GB is the max amount this model will "see" even if you put 2x2GB in it. So just put a 2GB stick and a 1GB stick in it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.