Does anyone know if I can get jtag files off my Mac with Wine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2011 13 inch MacBook Pro i5 with 8gb of Ram
Does anyone know how to jtag an xbox 360 with a Mac?

just thinking about getting a jtag and didnt know if you could do it with a Mac.So if you know how feel free to post how to do it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved. Not appropriate for the "Lounge".

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hey i am thinking about getting a jtag soon for my xbox 360 and i have a Mac. Before anyone suggests getting bootcamp or parallels, i do not want them so dont suggest that. I have heard about Wine and about how it can run files that work on the pc to run on a Mac.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
So jtag, xbox360, Mac and Wine..what's the relation and thread that pulls them all together?

Care to explain what you are trying to accomplish so that we can attempt to provide some meaningful response?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So jtag, xbox360, Mac and Wine..what's the relation and thread that pulls them all together?

Care to explain what you are trying to accomplish so that we can attempt to provide some meaningful response?
well i just know that i need to download files for a jtag and i know that these files only work on a pc. Soooo, i heard that wine lets you download these files that work on a pc to a Mac so i was wondering if it would work. Sorry im very new to jtags and things so if you want to you could pm me and provide me with some useful info on jtags

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
well i just know that i need to download files for a jtag and i know that these files only work on a pc. Soooo, i heard that wine lets you download these files that work on a pc to a Mac so i was wondering if it would work. Sorry im very new to jtags and things so if you want to you could pm me and provide me with some useful info on jtags

Your very new to jags and then you want to run a program on a Mac where the files can only run on a windows PC and get it to all work.
Good luck with that, and on the PM we like to keep things out in the community so if someone else has the same problem you do, and does a search, then it is in a thread, where people an benefit from to rather in a PM where it will be lost for the ages.

Have you not got access to a PC. Its times like this, it easier to use the right tool for the right job IMHO

Cheers

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Merged duplicate threads.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Your very new to jags and then you want to run a program on a Mac where the files can only run on a windows PC and get it to all work.
Good luck with that, and on the PM we like to keep things out in the community so if someone else has the same problem you do, and does a search, then it is in a thread, where people an benefit from to rather in a PM where it will be lost for the ages.

Have you not got access to a PC. Its times like this, it easier to use the right tool for the right job IMHO

Cheers
ok well what is the app wine for then? and i do have access to a pc but it is horrible! and i just love my mac and i dont want to get a pc. maybe one day when i download bootcamp then i will download the files. btw im not thaaaat new to jtags

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
........ btw im not thaaaat new to jtags

So what does **very new** mean then.

Sorry im very new to jtags and things so if you want to you could pm me and provide me with some useful info on jtags

Apart from that i stand by what i said before.
Better off using correct tools for the right job :)

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.