Connecting to computer Via SSH

G

GLynn

Hi Guys, I am new here, and I have a couple questions, and maybe you can help me understand it better.

I have a Hiptop2 aka Sidekick. One of the applications to download is a Terminal Client which is basically a telnet/ssh client. I have seen people install programs like "*****X" on their mac's and ssh to their computers and connect to a certain IRC. I can't get it to work at all, because I don't even know where to start. I would also like to know of anything else I can do via connecting to my computer through ssh. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Glynn

Reaction score
SSH support is built in, just need to go enable it, I am not at an OS X machine right now so I don't know exactly where it is, but its the same place you enable web sharing. Once enabled you can connect and do command line stuff. I assume there is some command line IRC program that you'll need to find in order to do what you want to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Activate Remote Login in the Sharing pane of System preferences.

You'll need to know the IP address of your Mac. If you're using a router, you'll have to activate port forwarding.

OP
G

GLynn

Ok, and I have Airport Express, how would I go about port forwarding that router?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.