safari

Reaction score
ok, just fyi i DID search.. How do I turn my pop up blocker on and off in safari? I have snow leopard 10.6.1

OP
C
Reaction score
ok, i figured out how to turn the pop up blocker on and off. But it has been turned on all along and it is not doing its job.... I still get new browser windows when visiting site such as tubeplus and my downloads window pops up as well? remeber i am STREAMING video here and not downloading... so whats the deal? Is there an alternative pop up blocker? and is there anyway I can protect myself from adware and spyware? I get adware on this site!! So to sum up my question.. adware and pop up blocker for safari on snow leopard 10.6.1 suggestions anyone?

C

chas_m

Really, googling "Safari ad blocker" didn't get you any hits?? That's funny, it's working fine for me ...

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It's not perfect - I've had popups appear when they shouldn't either. All browsers have this problem though (although I find it much more of a problem with Safari) since a browser can't differentiate with 100% accuracy the difference between a "friendly" popup and one you don't want. You could try installing an ad blocker which may help with any popups that are created through an ad.

OP
C
Reaction score
i meant i searched the forums chas... And I prefer bing over google, its like it knows what u want to search... and do u have any suggestions on which ad blocker would be good for safari on snow leopard 10.6.1? I am new, and I know im starting to get on peoples nerves, but all questions are ignorant one's and must be treated as so.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Check out the Safari extension gallery here - install AdBlock from there.

OP
C
Reaction score
should I have any concerns with using this since it is from a 3rd party? or atleast the way I understood it it was from a 3rd party?.. and thanks again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
In short - no.

OP
C
Reaction score
um, no, no reason... I bought my mac from e-bay, with no install disc, i have been waiting to get an external hardrive to us CCC for a back up before I try to update anything or mess with anything, it scares me not having install disc's, so um yeah... U were meaing snow leopard correct? and not safari. right? I know that seems like a dumb ? but we are talking on a forum and I just wanna make sure thats what u ment.

C

chas_m

No, you're right, and you have a very good reason for not upgrading (yet). Get the backup up and running first, THEN download the (free) update to Snow Leopard 10.6.8 from the Software Update program under your Apple menu.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thank you chase. Great advice sir!
P.S: Chase, I tried to give u rep points, im not sure if it went through though, could you let me know if it did?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.