Whose network is that?

N

NOKI

I have 4 wireless networks in my apartment plus mine. One of them is not password protected. Is there a way to find out where in the building it is based?

Thanks all!
NOKI.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Walk around the building to find where it has the strongest connection

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Not that I would advise you latch on to someone's network for free, but you could use an app like iStumbler on a notebook and walk around your building until the signal shows up as very strong.

You might look a little suspicious, though, walking through the halls with your computer open.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
Or you could see if they have a printer enabled on their network and print a page that says "You Should secure your network right away".

I did this to my neighbor but I put something a little different on the page I printed out on his printer. I'm just glad he saw it before his wife. LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
On my school network kids will leave their drives shared without any passwords, I just put all of the icons from their desktop into a hidden folder, and put a word doc on their desktop telling them to put a password on their computer, and that your files aren't deleted, and instructions how to unhide it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
rberry88 said:
I did this to my neighbor but I put something a little different on the page I printed out on his printer. I'm just glad he saw it before his wife. LOL

That was you???

(I live right near you.) :)

OP
N

NOKI

I really have no need to surf on their network. But who knows what others may do, I just wanted to let them know that their connection is not secure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.