Time Capsule, Bonjour and Waking remotely...

Reaction score
Hi All,

Well, I've had my new iMac 27" 2TB 8G machine for a week now and I love it. Switched from Windows 7 and using only Apple software all week, no MS stuff at all, and I can now see what is so great about Macs!

BUT I'm trying to confirm something and I can't find a definitive answer so I hope somebody here can help. It _looks_ as if, if I have an Apple Time Capsule and Bonjour, I can remotely connect to my iMac via my Macbook Pro even if the iMac is in sleep mode and wirelessly connected.

Can anybody confirm that this is the case and perhaps give a (rather aged!) Mac newbie how to go about it?

I shall be eternally grateful!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need remote access software. Something like LogMein or similar.

OP
T
Reaction score
Ah,yes, sorry - I did know about that. It's already downloaded (though not installed yet).

What I meant was if using that , would everything work in the way I've surmised... connection to the iMac from abroad, even if it has gone into sleep mode (not powered off)

Thanks for any info!

Also, where do I find Bonjour?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There are several different versions of LogMein. The free version is very limited and may not do everything you need. Take a look and compare it to the pay versions.

Also, there are other remote access applications which may be better but perhaps costing a bit more: Go to my PC by Citrix.

Bonjour for Mac

OP
T
Reaction score
Ah, thank you, that helps. I was looking for Bonjour software! Very new to all things Mac...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.