Input option with iBook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
Hi i am wanting to beable to record some vinyls that i have and was wondering whether there is any way of pluging my stereo into my iBook and record the input sound?

i have a feeling that i will have to buy and adaption or something but was wondering what exactly i have to ask for and everything.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
For what it's worth, I bought an iMic last night and I messed around with it for a couple hours with Audacity.

Evidently there are a lot of known problems with that combination (iMic/Audacity), but I didn't forage through all the questions on the web.

I don't want to use Garageband, because I've heard it takes forever to process songs.

The strange thing is that the iMic wouldn't behave with my XP machine either-- Adobe Audition wouldn't recognize the iMic, although the OS (XP) did. I still couldn't get audio into either machine.

More to follow.

B

Badger

caribiner23 said:
For what it's worth, I bought an iMic last night and I messed around with it for a couple hours with Audacity.

Evidently there are a lot of known problems with that combination (iMic/Audacity), but I didn't forage through all the questions on the web.

I don't want to use Garageband, because I've heard it takes forever to process songs.

The strange thing is that the iMic wouldn't behave with my XP machine either-- Adobe Audition wouldn't recognize the iMic, although the OS (XP) did. I still couldn't get audio into either machine.

More to follow.

I've digitized about 500 LPs over the last year using iMic and Final Vinyl (free from Griffin). At one point I decided to try Audacity. It was a major pain. It did no better in recording the sound and it made major "adjustments" to my system without explaination or warning. It went in the trash.

OP
jacksonworld
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
i went and got one today and it worked a treat! i used final vinyl and it was great. i had my record player pluged into an equalizer and then into my computer and did more equalizing in there but it worked out great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.