i tunes HELP!

Reaction score
ok, I am told when I go to "sync" apps from my mac book to my i-pod touch it says that my computer is not authorized. It says go to store and authrize it.. can someone please give me a step by setp how to? I really dont know what im looking for and I have already went through the process of giving out my card info and setting up an apple id. any help is appreciated!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
... It says go to store and authrize it...

Open iTunes

Look at the Menu bar (the one at the top of the screen all the time)

click on "Store"

select "Authorize this computer"

(It's always the obvious things that give us the most problems. ;) )

OP
C
Reaction score
it doesnt have the word "store" there it only has app store and music and ping etc. im not sure which menu you are referring to but the one im looking at does not have store

OP
C
Reaction score
well, idk *** happened, but it just started working out of the blue? I guess i had to give apple time to process my debit card? thanks for the info though, thats what it was saying to do in itunes but I couldnt find the "store" logo lol thank you anyway

M

MacInWin

At the very top of the screen you should see the iTunes application menu. That's where the "Store" option is found, not in the window where you have iTunes running. If you have iTunes in full screen, move the cursor all the way to the top and the top menu will appear. That is one of the reasons I don't use full screen. I want to see that top bar all the time.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
????

Do you not know what the Menu bar is?

That bar that sits across the very top edge of your screen... all the time.

And when you open iTunes on the left hand side of that bar you have:

the Apple icon - iTunes - File - Edit - View - Controls - Store - Advanced - Window - Help

M

MacInWin

@bobtomay, when I moved iTunes to full screen the Menu bar disappeared. It only reappeared when I moved the cursor to the top of the screen. I'm under Lion. So, the OP may NOT have had the menu bar in sight.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.